Home rituals have become a must have in the 2020s. Whether it’s masking, Wash day or giving yourself a mani pedi, taking an hour out of the day to give yourself some TLC is a must.
We’ve become so aware of our hair in lockdown and how much love it really needs, so we asked Joseph Ferraro, Brand Ambassador for Authentic Beauty Concept, how to give ourselves an at home scalp massage.
Here’s what he said!
Stress often manifests in the scalp, bringing headaches and reducing the level of nutrients that can reach the hair follicles, meaning dry, dull hair or even thinning and hair loss.
Scalp massage is an essential self-care technique to reduce tension held in the scalp and promote hair growth.
Find a quiet spot and put on some relaxing music. Brush hair before wetting it all over.
Take a few drops of the new ABC Indulging Fluid Oil and add to your hair mask of choice. Comb through gently with a wide-tooth comb. This will work really nicely to boost moisture and shine and help to condition hair.
Massage into the scalp, using circular, zig-zag, and linear movements; and close your eyes. Working with the balls of your fingers, keep the movement as slow as possible, and keep your hands on your head rather than lifting and placing on the head numerous times.
- Apply pressure on the following areas:
- Behind the ears for 10 seconds
- On the temples for 10 seconds
- On the hairline above forehead for 10 seconds
- Smooth the treatment down to the ends of the hair and massage in. Wrap hair in a warm towel for at least 10 minutes whilst the treatment works its magic.
- Rinse out, comb, and apply your blow-dry product.
And Voila! Repeat as and whenever necessary.